Associated ConditionsHigh Blood Pressure
University of Alabama at Birmingham
The purpose of this study is to see if regular exercise when combined with one of three commonly used high blood pressure medications can improve the physical abilities of older adults to perform their daily life activities and lowers their risk for heart disease.
Study Duration: 32 weeks
- 7 assessment visits over 32 weeks
- Exercise interventions 2 times per week over 20weeks
Gender: Male, Female
- Age 60 years or greater
- History of High blood pressure
- Some difficulty performing your daily activities.
- Vital Signs, weight, height, and BMI
- Urine collection and Blood Draw
- Physical Exam
- Exercise testing/ assessment (physical performance test, walk test
- Activity, nutrition, and lifestyle questionnaires
- optional: Muscle Biopsy, Exercise testing
This study is currently enrolling.