Study Purpose: To better understand the role of Type 2 Diabetes on skeletal muscle atrophy and recovery following bed rest.
To be enrolled in this study, you must meet certain requirements. You may be eligible to participate if you meet the following criteria:
Study Duration: up to 14 weeks
• 2 Screening Visits
• 5 Pre-Bedrest Visits
• 10 Consecutive Days of Bedrest
• 8 Weeks of Outpatient Recovery
Age: 65-80 years old
Sex: Male & Female
• Older adults who have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes OR who are healthy
• Physical exam, vital signs, height/weight/BMI
• Electrocardiogram (ECG)
• Lab specimen collection (blood and urine)
• DEXA and MRI
• Exercise testing (SPPB, Handgrip Strength, VO2Max)
• Tissue sampling (muscle)
Compensation: up to $ 3,550.00
Please call (407) 303-7193 or fill out the Contact Form below for more information.
This study is currently enrolling.