SOUL - Semaglutide cardiovascular outcomes trial in patients with type 2 diabetes
Associated ConditionsType 2 Diabetes
We are doing this study to look at whether the study medicine (semaglutide) has a positive effect on heart disease in patients that have type 2 diabetes. This will be done by comparing the study medicine (semaglutide) against placebo on the effect on heart disease.
Study Duration: Up to 5 years
• One Screening Visit (Informed consent discussion and signing, pregnancy test (if applicable), blood work, vital sign measurements, and questions about your medical history)
• 25 visits to the clinic (vital sign measurements, physical examination, blood work)
• 1 phone call follow up
Age: >50 years old
Sex: Male & Female
• Type 2 diabetes
• Not currently being treated with a GLP-1 drug for blood sugar control
• Pre-existing cardiovascular disease (prior heart attack, prior stroke, poor circulation or amputation, mild to moderate kidney disease)
• Physical exam with a physician/physician assistant
• Dilated eye examination with an ophthalmologist
• Vital sign measurement (blood pressure, pulse)
• Height and weight measurement
• Blood draws and urine collections
• Collection of medical history and medication history
• Pregnancy test (females only)
Compensation: Up to a maximum of $2400.00
This study is currently enrolling.
Interested in Participating?
Please call (407) 303-7193 or fill out the Contact Form below for more information.