Who We Are
AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital, founded in 1908, is a 2,247-bed tertiary acute care medical center with eight campuses in Central Florida operating under one license. AdventHealth Orlando cares for over one million patients annually - including more Medicare inpatients than any other U.S. hospital - and is the busiest hospital in the nation for inpatient admissions (American Hospital Association). AdventHealth is the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the United States (40+ hospitals; more than 43,000 employees; greater than 6,000 licensed beds; 4 million patients annually including inpatient, outpatient, and emergency visits). AdventHealth operates 45 hospitals in ten states making it the largest not-for-profit protestant health care system in the United States.
Our Clinical Research Departments
AdventHealth Research Institute Orlando has over 500 active studies in 15 research areas covering all facets of research including drug development, surgical techniques and treatment methods from NICU to older adults. Our physician-lead research team ensures the highest regard for participant safety and clinical advancement.
Please click on the research departments to discover more and to see available studies.
- Cancer Research Institute
- Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Celebration Health Research
- Center for Collaborative Research
- Center for CREATION Health Research
- Center for Interventional Endoscopy
- Global Robotics Institute
- Institute for Surgical Advancement
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Orthopedics Research
- Pediatric Research
- Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes (TRI)
- Transplant Research Institute