GluCog - Glycemic Variability and Fluctuations in Cognitive Status in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes
Associated ConditionsDiabetes, Type 1
JAEB CENTER FOR HEALTH RESEARCH
To better understand the impact of glycemic excursions (high blood sugar or low blood sugar) on cognition in adults with type 1 diabetes.
To be enrolled in this study, you must meet certain requirements. You may be eligible to participate if you meet the following criteria:
Study Commitment: 1 month
Age: ≥18 years old
Sex: Male & Female
- Clinical diagnosis of insulin dependent presumed autoimmune type 1 diabetes for at least 1 year
- Fluent in English (capable of consenting to the study and following task instructions in English)
- Has 24-hour access to a smart phone with reliable internet access
- Able to complete cognitive assessments
- No clinical diagnosis of dementia
- No current use of real-time continuous glucose monitoring
- Able to complete questionnaire assessments between 9am – 9pm through the study period
- Medical history and medication review
- Vital signs
- Fingersticks or blood draws
- Cognitive questionnaire assessments
- 3 short questionnaires per day during enrollment
- Wear a blinded continuous glucose monitor for 20 days
Compensation: Up to $135
This study is currently enrolling.
Interested in Participating?
Please call (407) 303-7193 or fill out the Contact Form below for more information.